Being a marriage celebrant involves so much more than simply reading a script. For every wedding I officiate there's a little piece of me (sometimes a really big piece of me!). Many of the words I write are from the heart. They're personal and drawn from my own experience as a celebrant, wife, mother, sister, friend, writer and girl who likes a glass of champagne!
On your wedding day I want you to feel relaxed in my company and in the company of your guests. I want you to have a ceremony that reflects who you are as individuals and as a couple. I want the day to be beautiful (not necessarily perfect because nothing ever is - that's not life!). I want your guests to walk away with a feeling that they witnessed something special.
* I have 10+ years of invaluable experience
* we'll meet to talk about your wedding plans
* I'll lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage form and all other legal documents
* I'm fully qualified and registered
* I'm tertiary educated and a professional writer
* I'm insured and a member of a professional celebrant association
In the planning stages:
* you'll have my Ceremony Book to choose the style of ceremony you like
* I can help you write personal vows
* I'll give you ideas, suggestions and a wedding checklist
* call or email as many times as you need to
* see real weddings on Facebook and Instagram
Before your wedding I'll:
* confirm final details and we can meet for a rehearsal if you wish
* print your documents so they look super professional for a lifetime
* quality check my equipment and be ready for anything
* plan my outfit to complement your theme
* call you for a quick chat
On the day you'll experience:
* a seamless, well presented ceremony that's well-written and not repetitive
* a unique ceremony you'll enjoy and your guests will talk about
* the beginning of a perfect day that reflects your values and beliefs
* the elation of feeling calm, relaxed and 'in the moment'
There's no need to worry - my fee includes:
* everything outlined in your quote and travel to your location
* high quality PA system that's well-maintained and battery-operated
* use of a Swarovski crystal pen to sign your marriage certificates
* Service Book as a memento
* printed copy of your vows
* information if you plan to change your name
* a well-respected wedding industry professional (who's never called in sick!)
Before you can get married you must lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form.
I must have it one month before your wedding and it's valid for 18 months.
You'll need to provide proof of birth, proof of identity, and if you've been married before, evidence of dissolution.